Thank you for your interest in our website and our services. For us, data is the basis for excellent service. However, our most important asset is the trust of our customers. Protecting customer data and using it only in the way our customers expect, is our number one priority. The following privacy notice is therefore intended to inform you about the processing of your personal data and your rights in this processing in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and other applicable data protection regulations.
1. General Information
1.1 Responsible for the operation of this website is METRO Digital GmbH, Metro-Straße 12, 40235 Dusseldorf, Germany (hereinafter "METRO", "we" or "us"). METRO attaches great importance to the protection of your personal data.
1.2 If you have any questions about privacy and data protection, you can contact our data protection officer using the following contact details: METRO Digital GmbH, Data Protection Officer, Metro-Straße 12, 40235 Dusseldorf, Germany, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Processing of Personal Data and Transfer to Third Parties
2.2 If you contact us (for example via an enquiry at email@example.com), we only collect, process and use the personal data that you have made available to us and that is necessary to process and respond to your enquiry.
The following data types are processed by Google:
- - Online identifiers (including cookie identifiers)
- - IP address
- - Device IDs
We only use Google Analytics with activated IP anonymization ("anonymous IP"). As a result, your IP address will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other states that are party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. For the use of Google Analytics, we have concluded a contract with Google for order processing (Art. 28 GDPR). Within the scope of order processing, Google is entitled to engage subcontractors. You can find a list of these subcontractors at https://privacy.google.com/businesses/subprocessors/. On our behalf, Google will use the information to evaluate your use of the website, to provide reports on website activities (such as loading times, etc.) and to provide us with further services related to website and Internet use. We will use this information and evaluations to improve our website. The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics is not merged with other data from Google. We ourselves only receive anonymized data and will at no time combine this with other data that we have about you.
Right of revocation: If you have given your consent and wish to revoke it, you can do so by hitting the “Decline” Button within our “Cookie Banner”. You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookies about your use of the website (including your IP address) and processing this data by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
4. Provision of personal data and retention periods
The provision of your personal data is voluntary. You are not legally obliged to make your personal data available to us. If you choose not to make your personal data available to us, this has no consequences for you, except that you cannot use our services. Personal data that you make available to us via our website will only be stored until the purpose for which it was processed has been fulfilled or until you tell us to delete your data. We allow you to inspect, modify and delete your data stored with us via a safe procedure, by following the references that you receive from us in all correspondence. Deviating retention periods may, however, result from a legitimate interest of METRO Digital GmbH (e.g. to guarantee data security and to prevent misuse). Personal data that we have to store due to legal or contractual retention obligations will be blocked.
5. Online Job Offers
If you decide to apply for a job at METRO, please see our separate data protection notice for job applicants - here
6. Social media
Our website contains links to the following social media networks:
- Facebook (operated by: Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA)
- Twitter (operated by: Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA)
- XING (operated by: XING SE, Dammtorstraße 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany)
- LinkedIn (operated by: LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland)
- Youtube (operated by: Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA)
In these cases, a transfer of data to the social media operators mentioned only takes place if the corresponding icon (e.g. the "f" of Facebook or the bird symbol of Twitter) is clicked. If you click on one of these icons, a page of the corresponding social media operator opens in a popup window. There, you can publish information about our products according to the regulations of the social media operator.
Furthermore, on some of the sites offered by us freely accessible content from the third-party providers Youtube or Twitter is displayed. We do not transmit personal information to these third parties to display the content. YouTube and Twitter have their own cookie and privacy policies which we do not control. Please inform yourself about the data collected by third-party providers from the respective provider.
7. Your rights
To exercise your rights under the GDPR to
- obtain information about the processing of your personal data and a copy of this data (Art. 15 GDPR),
- rectification of inaccurate and completion of incomplete personal data (Art. 16 GDPR),
- erasure of your personal data and, if these have been made public, that METRO informs other controllers about the erasure request (Art. 17 GDPR),
- restriction of processing of your personal data (Art. 18 GDPR),
- data portability, so that your personal data is transmitted to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit this data to another controller without any hindrance from METRO (Art. 20 GDPR),
- withdrawal of consent given; the withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal (Art. 7 GDPR) and
- The right of objection Art. 21 GDPR [You have the rights to object at any time to the processing of your data on the bases of Art. 6 para. 1 f GDPR (data processing on the basis of a balance of interests) if ther are reasons fir this arising from your particular situation. If you object, we will no longer process your personal data, unless we can prove compelling and applicable reasons for the processing, which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims]
You can contact METRO’s Data Protection Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) at any time. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority if you consider the data processing to be incompatible with the GDPR (Art. 77 GDPR).